Layering Shrug

We are having a crazy time at Loop;  you may have noticed we keep changing the opening dates for our new shop. But, more about that later. First I’m going to show off my new Loop pattern ~ The Layering Shrug.

[album: http://www.loopknitlounge.com/wp-content/plugins/dm-albums/dm-albums.php?currdir=/wp-content/uploads/dm-albums/layering-shrug/]

You can download the pdf for the Layering Shrug here.

This shrug can be made in a wide variety of yarns. The pictures in the gallery show the shrug in  Jaipur silk fino and Allino, both from BC Garn.  I’m very keen to make one up in Madelinetosh sock, as well. You can bet I’ll be posting pictures here.

Now I’d better fill you in on our moving plans. Building work is taking longer than expected (doesn’t it always) so we won’t be closing our Cross Street shop until the 13th of June. We will open at 15 Camden Passage and celebrate on the 19th of June as planned.

I will be teaching free workshops on our opening day.Places are limited so please RSVP by calling Loop on 020 7288 1160.

2pm: Making Pom Poms (for kids of any age!)

4pm: (Crochet) Making a silk beaded necklace (easy…crochet-just have to know how to do a chain stitch)

5:30: (Knitting) The Magic Loop Technique

Or just come along for the party and help us to celebrate our new shop!

Posted in Free Patterns Tagged with: , , , , , ,
28 comments on “Layering Shrug
  1. Zina says:

Squeee! It’s going into the queue right now! Gorgeous, JuJu!

2. kimmiekat says:

Thank you for this lovely pattern! I love the versatility of being able to pick the yarn weight. Beautiful!

3. Vera says:

Absolutely beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing the pattern for free.

4. lynn says:

So excited about this pattern must start in on it asap!
    …and just have to mention how beautiful the website looks!

5. Aurore says:

This shrug is gorgeous! I totally fell in love with your grey one. Thank you for the pattern!

6. Marie (Stashsiren - Ravelry) says:

Oh, this is so beautiful! So far, I have wanted to knit every pattern! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

7. Andrea says:

I LOVE this look but the pdf won’t download. Any idea what I can do to get the pattern?

8. Lynnieannie says:

A ravelry friend faved this and I had to have a look. Just beautiful! I have the yarn though maybe not the skill but I will attempt it this summer. It’s the sort of shrug I’ve been looking for!

9. ahh- it was cool enogh today in London to wear mine and it’s divine. I know I will wind up living in it. thank you juju!

10. Rosemary says:

It is just gorgeous – thank you!

11. Bourriquet says:

Thanks for the beautiful pattern…..love from

12. Jemma says:

The pattern’s absolutely gorgeous. I’d like to make it for a relative who’s a plus size. I’d really appreciate it if you can post up rough finished measurements so I can work out if I need to upsize/adjust the pattern.

• Loop says:

I will measure both versions and get back to you. It may take me a few days. It’s easy to enlarge the pattern by just making more repeats between the sleeves. I think the linen shrug fits well on up to a UK size 18.

13. Emily says:

Hi

Apparently this file is corrupted and cannot be opened. Can you advise as I would love to make one!

Emily

• Loop says:

Downloads fine for me. Have you tried downloading the most recent version of Adobe reader? I will see if others are having any trouble.

14. Laure says:

Bonjour,
    Je ne parle pas anglais !!!!!!! ce vêtement est absolument magnifique : comment faire pour trouver les explications en français ?
    Excellente journée
    Laure

15. Amy says:

Lovely! Thank you so much for sharing.

16. Just downloaded your lovely pattern! Since our air-conditioning in the States is usually turned to “frigid” in most venues, how would this make up in a nice, soft Merino?? I just returned from a conference where I almost froze!
    Thanks,
    Carol

17. Anne-Marie says:

So lovely, bought Habu linen and looking forward to working on this while we travel round the world starting next month! Has anyone done written instructions? I am better with written than charts. Much thanks for the lovely free pattern and congrats on your new shop.
    Anne-Marie (Victoria, Canada)

18. Janice says:

This is so beautiful but I’m having a problem with the pattern. I just finished the sleeve and am starting the increases and I’m not sure how to start knitting flat after knitting in the round. My stitches are pulling and stretching and I can’t knit them all. What am I doing wrong? Can you help? I really want to finish this asap. Thanks!

• Loop says:

Are you using a circular needle? Even when knitting flat, you should use a circular. Pulled and stretched stitches around the armholes can be repaired/dealt with later when you are blocking or after you have picked up and knit the border. If they are still a little out of shape you can darn them into shape at the end.

19. Blue Persuasion says:

As a reader / editor, it seems to me that the picture of the shrug is really confusing. It’s D that goes across the back, not C. But C with an arrow is what appears on the “back” of the shrug. Is that something that tripped anyone else up?

20. Sharon Everette says:

Thanks for the lovely layering shrug. I have just started this project; I work and teach classes at a local yarn shop. I understand that I need your permission to teach the Layering Shrug as a class. I would appreciate hearing from you at your convenience. Thank you. Sharon

21. Jane says:

I just sat next to a woman at lunch who had knit this lovely shrug. She had done it beautifully in the Bollywood version, and I am now looking forward to doing it for my daughter. Thanks so much for such a lovely pattern.

22. rose marie says:

when picking up 300 sts thats for all around neck and bottom of shrug correct.How do Ipick up 2 sts from each loop.Enjoying the pattern

6 Pings/Trackbacks for "Layering Shrug"
  1. [...] side), but I’m eagerly awaiting the next pattern, due up this week, and JuJu has now added a pattern for a gorgeous shrug, the Layering Shrug. It’s loose and drapey and flattering to a wide range of body types (not something you can [...]

2. [...] also been working on this Layering Shrug which is a birthday present for my mum. It’s going pretty well so far, in some ways [...]

3. [...] the Loop book, I’m going to do some selfish knitting and I’m going to finally have a Layering Shrug for myself! This would be the perfect yarn to choose in a plainer, more neutral colour, like [...]

4. [...] it’s knitter’s heaven, or Juju Vail, who writes the most fabulous patterns, like the Layering Shrug that Martine and I chose for the 2nd iMake knitalong – see this Ravelry link, if you’d [...]

5. [...] The Layering Shrug (Picture from LoopKnitlounge blog) [...]

6. [...] details: Layering Shrug by Juju Vail (link to the free pattern PDF and link to the pattern on [...]