It’s snowing here today, and the Christmas lights have been switched on in Camden Passage.
This puts us in mind to start compiling our letters to Santa. We’ve all been good girls, at Loop, and we have very specific knitting desires that we thought we would share with you. We also share them with our friends and family via the Amazon Universal Wish List button.
First Looper to sit on Santa’s lap is Jemima. She likes to knit lace and vintage-inspired sweaters, in colours to suit her English Rose complexion. Jemima would love:
- The Haapsalu Shawl book and some Juno Lace in Heather Shadow to complete a rectangular shawl from one of it’s many inspiring stitch patterns.
- Madelinetosh’s Prairie Lace in Vermillion to make another Aeolian (because she doesn’t have one in red and she needs one, of course).
- A whole sweater’s worth of super soft and lovely Lima in colour 879 to make Saffron by Kim Hargreaves from Winter Blooms.
- A skein of 2 ply Wagtail in soft Maroon to make the Alpine Leaf shawl from Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowersby.
- 10 small pink Lace Shell buttons to replace ones on a vintage cashmere cardigan.
- Wollmeise lace in Petit Poison (call the shop to order Wollmeise yarns) to make the lace tunic in Stephanie Japel’s Glam Knits.