Fun New Haberdashery
All summer long we have new products coming into stock. Although we are mostly a knitting shop, we do carry a few beautiful bits of haberdashery for sewing and embroidery. We can’t resist ordering these, when we find something truly extraordinary, that we know our customers will love!
Indigo Embroidery Threads
Our latest find is Buaisou threads from Japan. They are hand dyed in fermented indigo vats, with only four elements: SUKUMO indigo, ash lye, calcium hydroxide, and wheat bran; purely organic! After a series of meticulous treatments, the dyed threads are reborn to shine with deep, luminous “Japan Blue”, and can immediately be washed with other garments (no bleeding!)
Buaisou Indigo Threads are 100% cotton, and come in 100m cards in several rich colours of blue.
The Buaisou Indigo Thread Box (below) comes with:
- 2 cards of cotton thread dyed with natural indigo
- A swatch of cloth, also dyed with indigo
- The wonderful box with the stamp of BUAISOU
These are available in two different colour sets.
These would make a special souvenir, if you happen to be passing through London and want to take home something unique.
New Sajou Products
We love all our Sajou products! The packaging and quality is so special and makes our sewing corners a delight!
- A pair of scissors,
- A nickel-plated thimble,
- A Sajou blue tape measure,
- A small seam ripper,
- A box of 200 extra-fine dressmakers pins N°4,
- Six cocoons of polyester thread, including a black, a white, a grey and three bright colours. Each cocoon contains about 150 metres of thread,
- A booklet of 20 assorted sewing needles,
- Three cards for ribbons or threads.
The box consists of two trays, the top one with two small Sajou ribbons can be removed.
We also have new needle sets from Sajou. These contain a selection of 40 needles in a variety of sizes for darning, sewing and embroidery. Each kit contains:
- sharp point: 6 n° 5 long needles, 6 n° 7 long needles, 4 n° 9 long needles, 2 n° 3 darning needles and 2 n° 5 darning needles.
- round point: 2 n° 20 needles, 4 n° 22 needles, 4 n° 24 needles, 4 n° 26 needles and 6 n° 28 needles.
They come in four different packages. It’s hard to choose between them!
For Cat Lovers
We know a lot of our customers love their kitties, so we got this adorable brass kitten pin cushion for you.
New Scissors and Thread Pullers
They are really beautiful, long, narrow, hand forged steel and brass scissors that are handmade and come with a stitched leather pouch. They measure 20cm long.
And finally one more item for our embroiderers; these Stork Thread Pullers, to help you reach where your fingers are too awkward to fit.