We’re bringing you another great post with a round-up of gifts to give your friends and loved ones. This week we’re looking at beautiful yarns, kits, tools and beautiful handmade objects. We also have some reminders of great free patterns we have here on the blog, for last minute gifting or project ideas!
There are so many fantastic yarns at Loop, but we have a little round-up of some of our favourites here…
- Ito Sensai – gorgeous little bundles of silk mohair yarn, the Ito Sensai is a great gift to give for anyone who loves to knit project with mohair. Several balls of this will go very far and can be incorporated into so many different kinds of projects.
- CaMaRose – this is one of our favourite yarns! We especially love the Lama Tweed, which is great for accessories, and the Yaku, which is the perfect ‘workhorse’ yarn, and can be used for pretty much every kind of project! 6 or more balls of Yaku will make an adult’s sweater, so it makes a great cost effective gift too!
- The Uncommon Thread Lush Worsted – just one skein of this wonderfully squishy merino, cashmere and nylon blend will make a pair of our Spring Bloom Mitts, a free pattern designed for us by Rachel Atkinson. Gift a skein and the pattern for the perfect little kit.
- Super special hand dyed skeins – try the new Life In The Long Grass Merino Sport or the Plucky Knitter Primo Fingering for a beautiful skein of yarn any knitter will love. We’ve just received a huge beautiful delivery from La Bien Aimee, including loads of different colours in their Tough Sock base, which is perfect for sock knitting. We now have 35 colours in this base, it’s perfect for gift knitting or for yourself.
We’ve really expanded our offering of different kits this year, and there are so many lovely ones to choose! Here are some of our favourites, and ones that are perfect for gifting.
- Crepe Myrtle – this shawl, designed my Olga Buraya-Kefelian for Loop, is a beautiful item for winter, and is one of our very best selling kits!
- Loop’s Blanket – as mentioned above, we love the CaMaRose Yaku yarn, and this kit comes in two different sizes with different colour palettes. It’s a great item for babies and children, and well as adults!
- Roulade scarf – this is another very popular kit at Loop, and makes a lovely cosy scarf in Tynd Lamauld from CaMaRose, which is 50% llama and 50% wool.
- Miga de Pan Botanical Alphabet Embroidery – this is perfect for a friend who loves embroidery; it includes instructions for each letter, the printed muslin to stitch into and some threads to get you started.
- True Colours – a beautiful new version of the Melanie Berg shawl, using a luxurious baby yak and silk base in wonderful bright colours
- Isabella pouches – these are made especially for Loop, and are a really great size, perfect for shawl, sock and hat projects.
- KA Japanese crochet hook pouches – these pouches are made from such pretty fabrics, and can easily fit lots of crochet hooks, but you can also use them for DPNs or interchangeable needle tips.
- Julie Arkell dolls – any item from Julie Arkell would make an incredibly special gift. These are real works of art; we just love Julie’s work and have several pieces available at the moment.
- Sophie Digard – the Autumn Winter 2019 collection is now in store and online, with exclusive Loop colour ways! See our blog post from a few weeks ago for more detail on our new and returning designs.
Needles and hooks
- Lykke – we have a wide selection of Lykke needle sets at Loop. There are straight and circular needle sets, as well as crochet hook sets. They all come in lovely cases, and make a wonderful gift, as well as being incredibly useful!
- Chiaogoo – these needles are our staff pick! We all really love knitting with them, and we have several kinds of interchangeable circular needle sets at Loop.
Remember! We have a fantastic free pattern for a crocheted Mistletoe Garland, designed for Loop by Erika Huesler. Find it here on our blog in our free patterns section, and you can find the BC Garn Lino yarn that it uses over on our website.
Holiday opening hours at Loop
Once again, we just want to remind you to please check our seasonal opening hours before you plan a visit to us at our London shop, it would be awful to miss you!
December 10th – 14th: We are open late until 7pm each night.
December 22nd (Sunday) is the last day we will be open before Christmas.
Monday December 23rd – Friday December 27th: we are closed.
The weekend of December 28th we are only open on Saturday.
Monday December 30th – Thursday January 2nd: we are closed.
Friday January 3rd we re-open as normal.
We have now stopped holding our weekly knit nights for 2019, but they will be restarting in the new year, from Thursday 9th January, 5:30 – 7:30pm as normal.
Please be aware that the last posting dates before Christmas are coming up! If you would like to check these please see our website.